[gdal-dev] Merge images without coordinates

Goo Creations goocreations at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 02:58:54 EDT 2011

Hi all

This is maybe not the right place to ask, but since gdal provides merge
functionality, this is the place to start.

gdal_merge provides functionality to merge images with coordinates. I now
want to merge images WITHOUT any coordinates, hence do a pixel-by-pixel
matching. I will be able to input the order of images, hence saying image A
is at the left hand size of B and Z is at the top of B, but where they
exactly overlap is not provided. Does anyone know a library/software
(possible open-source) that can do this, or is gdal able to do this?

Chris