[gdal-dev] RE: Insert non-standard tag into geotiff header

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jun 6 13:31:13 EDT 2011

On 11-06-06 01:18 PM, marine88 wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> C# you mean? Per your note I need to put in a arbitrary new TIFF tag. I am a
> .NET guy but I did dload python. Just not sure how to go about doing the insert.

Richard,

Sorry, poor reading comprehension on my part. :-(

Yes, there is a corresponding C# method called SetMetadataItem() on
dataset and raster band objects.

I'm not a c# guy so I can't easily prepare an example but basically
it will be something a bit like:

   dataset = GDALOpen( "abc.tif", GA_Update );
   dataset.SetMetadataItem( "MyItem", "MyValue", NULL );
   ... close the dataset however that is done in C# ...