[gdal-dev] MapServer reading CAD files

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jun 6 21:44:54 EDT 2011

On 11-06-06 06:34 PM, Eduardo Kanegae wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I´d like to embed construction engineering maps ( basically .dwg
> files) to a webmapping interface.
>
> How this could be done? Using .DXF OGR driver? Or is there any option
> for directly reading .dwg files?
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/libredwg/ should be an option?

Eduardo,

I am currently working on an OGR DWG driver based on the Teigha libraries
from the Open Design Alliance.  The Teigha libraries are not open source
but they are available under fairly reasonable terms.  As part of that
effort I am implementing "OGR Feature Style" support in a manner similar
to that done for the DXF driver and testing the rendering with MapServer
(using OGR autostyling in MapServer).

I haven't tried the libredwg library.  I am curious about it, but it was
judged inadequately mature for my current client.