[gdal-dev] Re: Insert non-standard tag into geotiff header

Asger Sigurd Skovbo Petersen asgerpetersen at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 04:12:28 EDT 2011

> Thanks,
> C# you mean?  Per your note I need to put in a arbitrary new TIFF tag.  I am a .NET guy but I did dload python.  Just not sure how to go about doing the insert.

Hi,

If it must be done in .NET, you could use LibTiff.Net [1] which is a
.NET port of libtiff.

I have successfully used LibTiff.Net for some time and it is now
pretty stable. There is a lot of example code, which somewhat
compensates for the rather steep learning curve. They even have an
example of how to insert a custom tag [2]

Best regards
Asger

[1] http://bitmiracle.com/libtiff/
[2] http://bitmiracle.com/libtiff/help/adding-new-%28custom%29-tags.aspx