[gdal-dev] RE: Adding jasper support to gdal build

Cole, Derek dcole at integrity-apps.com
Wed Jun 8 16:59:11 EDT 2011

I was finally able to get this to build, but I had to run configure of gdal with the --without-libtool option.

What kind of affect does this have on the software (other than having a successful, shorter build)?

I still dont quite understand what the cause was. This has enabled me to read JPEG2000 compressed nitf's, but I am having a problem that it seems to be taking forever for the files to load (10+minutes!!)

What is an alternate solution? This seems to be a ridiculous amount of read time, considering the uncompressed image of approximate the same size (pixels wise) loads very fast