[gdal-dev] SDE driver: connecting to rasters never returns

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 11:27:46 EDT 2011

On Jun 13, 2011, at 9:38 AM, Duarte Carreira wrote:

> Hello listers.
>
> So now that OGR connecting is solved by specifying the version name (or maybe by making a readonly connection), I’m stumbling on the same effect when connecting to a raster with gdalinfo or gdal_translate. But there is no option to specify  version or readonly…
>
> My gdalinfo/translate commands never end… they keep going with 0 cpu…
>
> This is the same raster that I used when reporting #2063…
>
> One example command:
> gdal_translate -of vrt SDE:server,5151,database,user,pwd,user.MOSAIC_ORTO_10K_IGEOE,RASTER c:\temp\gdalteste.vrt
>

> Anyway I can debug this?

set the environment variable CPL_DEBUG=on  This should allow you to watch the connection happen and at the very least, see where it is hanging in either the SDE connection or query process.

Note that I wrote the SDE driver, but I haven't had a running SDE instance for years, and I am in no position to test. sorry.

Howard