[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr custom coordiante system

Eli Adam EAdam at co.lincoln.or.us
Tue Jun 14 13:57:48 EDT 2011

Brian,

      What is the command that you tried?  If you can construct the proper proj4 format, it should work for ogr.  Exactly matching the string in PostGIS may not work and you may get a new number like 32,000 for a new SRID that was added in PostGIS.  This slightly older thread suggests one method to overcome this, http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/specifiying-the-correct-SRID-when-sending-polygons-to-PostGIS-td2026555.html although I have not tried that myself.

     If you have the WKT or other format, you can get the PostGIS insert string or proj4 format through spatialreference.org, http://spatialreference.org/

HTH, Eli

<B850B3523E82404C80A8ACAC40BAFDF587524AEC at ex2010.houstonengineeringinc.com>,