[gdal-dev] "disformed" images in its positions

frederick keusch frederick.keusch at digimapas.cl
Tue Jun 14 17:59:26 EDT 2011

Hi,

i would like to use gdalwarp to solve a problem we have. Like i am a very
new user of gdal I don't know, if gdalwarp really can solve the problem, but
I hope so. The problem that we have are a kind of "disformed" images in its
positions. The images have several shifts in various directions. But we
found a mathematical way to solve this problem applying a polynom with
various parameters. But like there are too many images with the problem, we
would like to use a program to apply that polynom to all of the images
respectively to their coordinates.

Our idea was to use the gdalwarp to solve this problem and apply a
reprojection using e.g. something like this example formula giving from
gdal...
-t_srs '+proj=utm +zone=11 +datum=WGS84' raw_spot.tif utm11.tif
.... and inserting the polynom in some way.

Does somebody know, if it is posible to solve this problem with gdalwarp and
if, how and where to insert the poynom?

I appreciate your help,

thanks a lot,

Frederick