[gdal-dev] Re: "disformed" images in its positions

frederick keusch frederick.keusch at digimapas.cl
Wed Jun 15 09:47:06 EDT 2011

Hi Chaitanya,

first of all I'd like to thank you for the information.

So if I understood you correctly, it is not necesseary to use the polynomial
we calculated but only a dataset of the control points we used and
gdal_transalate calculates a polynomial internally. Do you know how exactly
this internally polynomial will be, because the one we calcualted is of 24th
orden. Do you also know if it is necessary that the control points are GCP's
or in oher words visible in the images, because what has our departement of
navegation is a list of control points, but not visibles in the images.

Also our current images do have a projection and in the result we want them
in the same projection but corrected in their positions. But I think this
should not matter....

Again I'd like to thank you for your corporation,

Frederick