[gdal-dev] Re: "disformed" images in its positions

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 13:11:47 EDT 2011

Frederick,

GCP is a control point. Ground Control Point. They are not visible in the
image. Just a map of pixel-line to coordinates.

I am not familiar with how the warping algorithm handles the GCPs. But if
you want, you can also set the projection info after you use your own method
to correct the deformities in the images. You will have to apply the
'modified' GCPs.

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 7:17 PM, frederick keusch <
frederick.keusch at digimapas.cl> wrote:

> Hi Chaitanya,
>
> first of all I'd like to thank you for the information.
>
> So if I understood you correctly, it is not necesseary to use the
> polynomial
> we calculated but only a dataset of the control points we used and
> gdal_transalate calculates a polynomial internally. Do you know how exactly
> this internally polynomial will be, because the one we calcualted is of
> 24th
> orden. Do you also know if it is necessary that the control points are
> GCP's
> or in oher words visible in the images, because what has our departement of
> navegation is a list of control points, but not visibles in the images.
>
> Also our current images do have a projection and in the result we want them
> in the same projection but corrected in their positions. But I think this
> should not matter....
>
> Again I'd like to thank you for your corporation,
>
> Frederick
>
> --

Chaitanya kumar CH.
/tʃaɪθənjə/ /kʊmɑr/