[gdal-dev] gdal_translate compress is larger??

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Wed Jun 15 15:46:43 EDT 2011

I'm curious as to why I've not encountered this before as I use lzw
compression all the time. Anyway, as always thanks for the education. :)

I've discovered that for my present project that jpeg-in-geotiff
compression is good enough, which makes me happy because even with
predictor=2 the space savings was only 10% or so.

matt wilkie
Geomatics Analyst
Information Management and Technology
Yukon Department of Environment