[gdal-dev] JAXAPalsar 1.0 & 1.1 extended metadata reading support

Antonio Valentino antonio.valentino at tiscali.it
Sun Jun 26 06:34:01 EDT 2011

Hi Frank,

Il 18/06/2011 14:38, Frank Warmerdam ha scritto:
> On 11-06-18 02:59 AM, Antonio Valentino wrote:

[CUT]

>> Palsar products are in CEOS format so IMHO it would be nice to setup a
>> general mechanism to decode CEOS records (a similar job has been done
>> for ENVISAT records recently)

[CUT]

> There is already a generic SAR CEOS driver (gdal/frmts/ceos2) with a CEOS
> record parsing mechanism.  If that is what you want, please start from it.
> For reasons not immediately obvious to me Phil chose to build a specific
> JAXA Palsar driver but please think twice before building it out into a
> full
> generic CEOS driver duplicating what already exists.

Looking deeper into the ceos2 code it seems to me that the "recipe" for
decoding ALOS-PALSAR products do not match at all specifications I can
find at

http://www.eorc.jaxa.jp/ALOS/en/doc/fdata/PALSAR_L10_J_ENa.zip

Does that recipe refers to another format specification document?

Also, regarding the ceos2 driver in general, I didn't find an obvious
way to support CEOS products with multiple image files (like multi
polarization PALSAR or ALOS PRISM).

Did I missed something?

regards

--