[gdal-dev] Re: GDAL Native Libraries 1.4.5b for Linux64 not available

Daniele Romagnoli daniele.romagnoli at geo-solutions.it
Wed Jun 29 12:23:40 EDT 2011

Hi again Andy,

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 6:15 PM, andyjc <andyc at comsine.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Daniele,
>
> Nice detective work!

:-)

> Good to know the reason for the outage.
>

> You're very kind to offer the libraries yourself.  If java.net haven't
> solved their cooling issues by tomorrow, I'd be keen to take you up.
>
> Even - thanks for the tip about GDAL 1.7.3 for the latest version of
> imageIO-ext.  At the moment, I'm simply following the GS 2.2 instructions
> which links to version 1.0.8 of ImageIO-ext (both stable and latest
> builds).
> Do you know if there's a target version of Geoserver which will use
> ImageIO-ext 1.1?

Yesterday, I have committed an update for GeoTools 8.x to use the latest
ImageIO-Ext 1.1.0.
GeoServer 2.2 is based on GeoTools 8. Note that actually there isn't any
released version of GT 8.x nor GS 2.2. Right now, they are still trunk.

However, my intention is to propose to the GeoTools community, the alignment
of GT 2.7 - GS 2.1 to ImageIO-Ext 1.1.0 too (Whilst actually they use
ImageIO-Ext 1.0.8), after some usage on trunk. Hope this helps.

In case you have more questions, I would suggest to move our future
conversations to the GT or GS mailing list instead of this one which is
related to gdal development.
Best Regards,
Daniele

> Regards,