[gdal-dev] Re: "disformed" images in its positions

frederick keusch frederick.keusch at digimapas.cl
Thu Jun 30 10:09:53 EDT 2011

Hi Chaitanya,

after intenting a lot of things to solve the problem including shift grids
for example, we came back to the method with gdal_translate and gdalwarp you
described. And it does work more or less. I did give GCP`s to the corners of
the images and also in the images. The problem is, that after doing the
warp, it seems like the image is shifted linear, all to the GCP in the upper
left corner, so the East-coordinate e.g. upper left and lower left and upper
right and lower right are identlical, what should not be. Using gdalinfo
after using gdal_translate shows, that the manually given GCP´s were
accepted, but after warping erverthing seems to move just linear, no matter
if the option -geoloc was used or not...
So I hope, maybe you could or some could have an idea , what could be the
problem...

Thanks in advance,

frederick