[gdal-dev] Re: PHP bindings

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Mar 2 09:46:02 EST 2011

> On Sunday, February 06, 2011 14:50:34 Mike Leahy wrote:
>
>  > Hello List,
>
>  >

>  > Does anyone have an idea if there is any likelihood for a revival of php
>
>  > bindings for GDAL/OGR. I know if these were available, I'd be making use
>
>  > of them...although, I have no experience creating/maintaining SWIG
>
>  > libraries. So I'm curious to know what someone would need to know to get
>
>  > started on this, and how big of a job would it likely be?

Just a quick note, that MapServer for Windows (MS4W) has always included
the php_ogr extension...and if you are curious about where that project
lives here is how to checkout the php_ogr code through CVS:

  % cvs -d :pserver:cvsanon at cvs.maptools.org:/cvs/maptools/cvsroot login
    Password: <enter>

  % cvs -d :pserver:cvsanon at cvs.maptools.org:/cvs/maptools/cvsroot co
php_ogr

Hope that helps.  If you have questions about MS4W and its use of the
php_ogr extension please use the MS4W mailing list (subscribe at
http://lists.maptools.org/mailman/listinfo/ms4w-users)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna