[gdal-dev] gdal_retile error

Vasile Craciunescu vasile.craciunescu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 18:48:45 EST 2011

Solved (I hope). Something I fail to mention in the first place: the
drive where the tiles are processed is mounted through sshfs (physically
the disk is incorporated in another server). After moving the data on a
local drive, gdal_retile.py passed, without error, the 4151 tile limit.
Currently, the tilling process is far from finish, but more than 8000
tiles from level 0 were successfully written on disk. Definitively,
somethings goes wrong when tiles are written through sshfs. But, this is
not caused by a directory maximum file number limit (through other types
of gdal scripting I generated 10000+ files in the same folder through
sshfs).

Thank you for your help,
Vasile