[gdal-dev] GDAL-processing center

Sigbjorn Herstad sherstad at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 05:11:38 EST 2011

Hi!

I would like some feedback on creating a GDAL-processing center. What
I want to achieve is the following:

- 1 server running a webserver with GDAL and "everything" installed on
it. This can be accessed by other machines through a local network
with for instance http://LOCALIP/GDALPROCESSING.
- I want "any browser" to go to that webpage and give access to it`s
computer resources. When "jobs" are added they should be distributed
to the connected computers. So the processing is local on each
computer

Do you have any recommendations on software-combinations (free) to
start to be able to do this, or are there some limitations (on the
browsers etc) that makes it "impossible" to do this processing locally
on some machines?

Greetings from Sigbjørn