[gdal-dev] how to build gdal with oracle spatial

Peter J Halls P.Halls at york.ac.uk
Thu Mar 10 02:10:06 EST 2011

Natasha,

    I do not believe FWTools to have the Oracle driver built in, so that you may
have to build it from source, having first installed the Orcale client libraries
(free download from Oracle - this also includes the Oracle ODBC driver, which
you will need if you want to connect to Oracle using ODBC).  Alternatively, can
you use OSGeo4w as previously suggested?

Hope that helps,

best wishes,

Peter

natasha chatterjee wrote:
>  Hi All
>           GDAL is new for me.i need to build GDAL with oracle spatial so that i can use OGR2OGR for further conversion of oracle spatial data to shape file.
> I have installed FWTools 2.4.7 and want to run the commands from FWTools shell only.Please can anyone help me out and
> guide me by telling me the step by step process of configuring GDAL with oracle support.Kindly reply back soon as am stuck.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Natasha

Peter J Halls, GIS Advisor & Acting Team Leader Applications Support Group,
                Information Directorate, University of York
Telephone: 01904 323806     Fax: 01904 323740
Snail mail: C/O IT Services, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD
This message has the status of a private and personal communication