[gdal-dev] Re: Selecting a specific driver

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Fri Mar 18 06:24:57 EDT 2011

Gwenael LE NOC <gwenael.le-noc <at> wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Hello everybody,is there a way to explicitly specify the driver to use when
opening an image?In fact, I have a Jpeg2000 image that opens well with the MrSID
driver, but not with other Jpeg2000  drivers... sadly, the MrSID driver is not
chosen by default.I saw that GDALOpenInternal allowed to select allowed drivers,
but it is not accesible out of GDAL ...Is there an other way?ThanksGwen

Hi,

At least it is possible to skip one driver by setting GDAL_SKIP= environment
variable for the driver to be skipped. There can be many JPEG2000 drivers
configured but I do not know if it is possible to skip several drivers by giving
a list.

-Jukka Rahkonen-