[gdal-dev] accessing zip files by URL

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Thu Mar 24 19:37:38 EDT 2011

I understand all that and even though I'm a win user I always try to be
very careful with case names (basically, I avoid upper cases). But while
it is easy to see the case of the real file (I know that urls are case
sensitive) it's not so easy so clear to know what's inside a compressed
file on the internet because if you know it it means one already have it
in the local file system.
Since is up to gdal to read the contents of the compressed file and get
its data (NOT the file itself) it seams to me that there would be no
danger in being case insensitive.
But this is really a minor point (once you know why it didn't work on
the first time), I know.

Joaquim