[gdal-dev] Reproject Landsat USGS image

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 29 20:03:21 EDT 2011

On 11-03-28 05:10 AM, Luisa Peña wrote:
> Hello
>
> I got a reply  to my message stating that " GDAL ignores a flag in the GEOTIF
> specification that says whether the coordinates are for the center or the
> lower-left of each pixel. "
> Is this true? It's exacly what I am obtaining and what Markus Neteler explained
> me (about the useage of NN method)
>
> Can anyone confirm me?

Luisa,

Prior to GDAL 1.8 the "PixelIsPoint" information was not considered to
affect the Geotransform.  This was corrected in 1.8 and is described in
this RFC:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc33_gtiff_pixelispoint

Note that this does not have a different result depending on the warper
resampling kernel used.