[gdal-dev] Interpolate one image onto another

Knut-Frode Dagestad knutfrodesoppel at hotmail.com
Mon May 2 06:30:11 EDT 2011

Hi!

If I have two overlapping raster images, how can I interpolate one of
them to the exact coverage of the other image, so that they can be
compared pixel by pixel?

I primarily want to do this with Python API, but tips on how to do it
with commandline utilities are also welcome. The two images do generally
have different map projections, and either can be georeferenced by GCP's
or affine transformations.
It would also be an advantage to be able to select interpolation method
(nearest, linear, etc). It is preferred to do this in memory, without
the need for (temporarily) writing to file.

Best regards from Knut-Frode