[gdal-dev] Re: Fwd: merging shapefiles larger than 4GB

Harsha Ch harsha.ch at gmail.com
Tue May 3 10:39:17 EDT 2011

Thanks all for the replies and pointers. Jukka I am curious how were you
able to merge upto 8GB shape files
I am using mapnik to render shape files its able to read shape files larger
than 4Gb. I tried ogr2ogr to merge shape files which its failing after file
size reached to 4G. I looked at the ticket and I see the patch is applied to
gdal and I am building it from source. Could you tell me how did you merge
shape files in this case.
Thank you,
Harsha