[gdal-dev] Reprojecting w/ gdalwarp .. cant figure it out

fork forkandwait at gmail.com
Tue May 10 14:59:57 EDT 2011

Hi good people.  FMIA -- "forgive me in advance" for the following newbie
question....

I am unable to figure how to reproject a raster file from UTM10 to Stateplane
WAshington South  from the command line.

Here is what I do: I downloaded the most recent NAIP imagery in a sid file,
opened the LizardTech viewer, exported a tif.  The tfw for this tif is:

10.750000000000002
0.000000000000000
0.000000000000000
-10.750000000000002
546002.750000000000000
5291042.750000000000000

So I then downloaded the ".prj" files for UTM 10N and Stateplane from
spatialreference.org and saved them to local files ([1] and [2]). Then I run the
following:

$ gdalwarp -s_srs utm10n.prj -t_srs spwasth.prj -co "TFW=YES" \
      ortho_imagery/ortho_1-1_1n_s_wa033_2009_1.tif foo.tif

This works smoothly, EXCEPT that when I cat the tfw file I get almost exactly
the same as the tfw cited above, except for some decimal numbers.  I expect it
to be VERY different however.

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?

[1] http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/26710/

[2] http://spatialreference.org/ref/esri/102349/