[gdal-dev] Re: VRT Derived Bands from Python?

Knut-Frode Dagestad knutfrodesoppel at hotmail.com
Fri May 13 04:37:25 EDT 2011

Hi Even and Antonio,

Thank you Even for explaining how to make the impossible possible!
I will explore this option.

The suggestion of Antonio to include a default set of PixelFunctions is
an excellent idea, as it lowers the threshold for newcomers, like me.
The proposed standard functions (#3367) should also serve many basic
needs, and in fact, most of mine.
On the other hand, I do not see any apparent limitation to how
sophisticated the PixelFunctions can be. I am not sure if it is a good
idea, but I consider the option to put in relatively complex algorithms
with loops, iterations and inversions. I.e. things that are better done
in C than in Python.

Best regards from Knut-Frode