[gdal-dev] Motion: Adopt RFC 35: Delete, reorder and alter field definitions of OGR layers

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri May 13 12:55:43 EDT 2011

Le mercredi 11 mai 2011 10:10:52, Even Rouault a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Motion: I move to adopt RFC 35: Delete, reorder and alter field definitions
> of OGR layers.
>
>     http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/rfc35_deletereorderalterfielddefn

Hi,

I declare this motion passed with support (+1) from FrankW, TamasS, EvenR,
DanielM and HowardB.

I will proceed to commit the work into trunk. I'll need Frank's help to
upstream the shapelib's bits that I have isolated in
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/attachment/ticket/2671/shapelib_rfc35.patch . It
contains the implementation of DBFReorderFields() and DBFAlterFieldDefn(), 2
fixes in DBFDeleteField() and a bit of minor factorisation to get the null
character depending on the field type, so that it can be reused by
DBFAlterFieldDefn().

Thanks.

Best regards,

Even