[gdal-dev] Re: VRT Derived Bands from Python?

Knut-Frode Dagestad knutfrodesoppel at hotmail.com
Fri May 13 12:59:14 EDT 2011

On 13/05/2011 12:07, Antonio Valentino wrote:

> If you think it is useful I can attach the fake-driver code to the
> #3367.

Thank you, that would be useful.

In the meantime I have tested this approach, nearly successful:
I copied one of your pixel-functions from #3367 and made a dynamic
library file with:

gcc -fPIC -c gdal_nerscpixelfun.c
gcc -shared -lgdal -o gdal_nerscpixelfun.so gdal_nerscpixelfun.o

and then set GDAL_DRIVER_PATH to point to this folder.

However, at GDAL startup I get the following error:
ERROR 1: dlsym(0x100e095f0, _GDALRegister_nerscpixelfun): symbol not found

Any ideas what is wrong? OS is Mac OS X 10.6.7. I am not a C expert.

Best regards from Knut-Frode