[gdal-dev] Matching two rasters

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Sat May 14 00:28:57 EDT 2011

Jonathan,

Assuming you want to convert B's projection to A's.

First, run gdalinfo on A.tif and save the part under 'Coordinate System is:'
in a file named 'A.prf'. This is the OGC's WKT representation of the Spatial
Reference System of A.tif

Then, run gdalwarp on B.tif with the following options. "-t_srs A.prf" to
specify the projection system. Specify the target extents using the -te
option. You can get the extents from the output of gdalinfo on A.tif. You
might also want to set the resolution using the -tr option and the
resampling method using the -r option.

http://www.gdal.org/gdalinfo.html
http://www.gdal.org/gdalwarp.html

On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 1:28 AM, Jonathan Greenberg
<greenberg at ucdavis.edu>wrote:

> GDALers:
>
> Say I have two rasters, A and B with different projections, extents,
> and resolution.  I want to make B match A, such that the projection,
> resolution, and extent (filling in with some arbitrary value where
> there is no data) all match.  Is there a quick way to do this using
> command line gdal tools?
>
> --j
>
> --
> Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD
> Assistant Project Scientist
> Center for Spatial Technologies and Remote Sensing (CSTARS)
> Department of Land, Air and Water Resources
> University of California, Davis
> One Shields Avenue
> Davis, CA 95616
> Phone: 415-763-5476