[gdal-dev] gdal internal vrs external libs and gdal-config

Brian Case rush at winkey.org
Sat May 14 16:29:50 EDT 2011

hi,

This week I ran into an issue building OTB against a gdal with internal
libtiff and libgeotiff. After spending a bit of time trying to figure
out why i had a problem I thought it might be useful if gdal-config
could report on internal libs and if they are hidden.

What came up with is a gdal-config switch for each lib that has an
internal option that will return "external" if gdal used the external
lib. "internal", or "hidden" if it uses the internal lib and gdal was
configured with --with-hide-internal-symbols=yes

Attached is a diff. Does anyone have any opinions on this or alternate
ideas?

Brian