[gdal-dev] Need some help adding libCurl to GDAL

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Mon May 23 03:25:56 EDT 2011

Paul,

as Tamas suggested, I'd *strongly* encourage you to study
http://szekerest.blogspot.com/2010/12/daily-built-binary-packages-for.html ,
particularly section 4.

The error you get is a sign that the certificate isn't recognized by curl and
the fact you need the -k flag of curl.exe just instructs it to bypass the
standard security checks.

Or, you could try to patch port/cpl_http.cpp and add the following line around
line 299. This should have the same effect of the -k flag.

curl_easy_setopt(http_handle, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, FALSE);

The UNSAFESSL option of the WMS driver basically does the above.

http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=README_INSTALL.html#g-certificates-for-https-with-wms-wfs-servers