[gdal-dev] Debug/Release configuration on Visual

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 09:49:17 EDT 2011

I don't know exactly what the Debug build does, but AFAIK it incorporates
the symbolic debug information inside the compiled object, layouts a
different assembly, and links against the debug runtime, but from the point
of view of common debugging (breakpoints, inspecting properties, etc.) I
don't see differences with a Release + debug informations (which I suppose
is made available thorugh the .pdb files).

giovanni