[gdal-dev] Ogr2ogr -flip_coordinates

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Nov 3 11:50:01 EDT 2011

Selon Jukka Rahkonen <jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi>:

> Hi,
>
> I am getting tired with GML3 and Northing/Easting coordinate order. There
> seems
> to be just two kind of GML3 available: either it is Easting/Northing but it
> should be Northing/Easting, or another way round.
>
> Is there already some hidden switch in ogr2ogr for changing the x and y
> coordinate order?

You're running into the coordinate order hell introduced with WFS 1.1 and WMS
1.3.0 ...

I'd not say that the config options are "hidden", because they are documented in
the "CRS support" section of http://gdal.org/ogr/drv_gml.html . Hopefully you'll
be able to make some sense of it I've re-read what I've written and I'm aware it
is not obvious to understand it ;-) The situation is really a hell. There are
different conventions and not GML producing software agree on what should be
done unfortunately. For example MapServer and GeoServer don't behave the same
how to write the SRS for WFS 1.1 GML. I had created a ticket in MapServer trac a
few months ago about that.

By the way, for the issue you reported yesterday about xlink:role, please file a
ticket.