[gdal-dev] Re: Ogr2ogr -flip_coordinates

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Thu Nov 3 16:38:53 EDT 2011

Even Rouault <even.rouault <at> mines-paris.org> writes:

> > I already thought that I could get a valid shapefile with ogr2ogr by
> > replacing EPSG:3067 with EPSG:3047 everywhere in the XML document.
> > However, ogr2ogr was creating a similar flipped shapefile. Is this a gdal
> > bug?  EPSG:3047 is definitely Northing-Easting
>
> The EPSG:XXXX notation is ambiguous : we don't know if it means that the EPSG
> axis convention must be applied or not, because it was the notation that was
> used before OGC "clarifications" on EPSG axis ordering.
>
> To have unambiguous SRS naming, use rather urn:ogc:def:crs:EPSG::3047 which
> really means "use EPSG axis ordering" . Unfortunately I think it won't work
> with the OGR GML driver because the EPSGTreatsAsLatLong() method in OSR is
> only desinged to work with geographic SRS, and not projected ones  Would be
> worth filing a ticket I guess

All right. Thereafter I will try if I can just turn the coordinates from these
<gml:lowerCorner>6605838.360 61685.735</gml:lowerCorner>
into these
<gml:lowerCorner>61685.735 6605838.360</gml:lowerCorner>
in the whole xml file with awk or something else as horrible. I have been
proudly saying that I have never programmed anything in my life except video
tape recorder so I am not so sure about my success.

Jukka