[gdal-dev] Ogr2ogr

Fred Jones fredjonze at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 15:53:39 EST 2011

Whew...finally got it to work. Had to really unbend my mind to think
through all of the great advice you folks have given me. Here's the OGR
command that creates the point projection in mssql spatial:

ogr2ogr -overwrite -s_srs EPSG:32002 -t_srs EPSG:4326 -f MSSQLSpatial
"MSSQL:server=ELMER;database=CENSUS_2010;trusted_connection=yes"
"MSSQL:server=ELMER;database=HT_2011_10;trusted_connection=yes" -sql
"SELECT geometry::STGeomFromText('POINT ('+str(xloc,20,20) + ' ' +
str(yloc,20,20) + ')',0) as ogr_geometry, xloc,yloc, spid  FROM
dbo.qaBtcSubLocs" -nln "btcSubLocs" -nlt POINT

It may still need some tweaking. I haven't layered it on other maps to see
if the points are in the proper locations. However, I think I'm a lot
closer.

Thanks to everyone who helped me!

I may have more questions. ;-)

Fred