[gdal-dev] VSI* functions in Perl bindings

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 09:15:07 EST 2011

Folks,

I've added the VSIFReadL function and updated the VSIFWriteL function in
the Perl bindings. I added simple tests for those and for VSIFOpenL and
VSIFCLoseL functions to the Perl binding tests.

I added VSIFReadL and VSIFWriteL function prototypes to cpl.i as they
are in the GDAL source code. They needed new typemaps. I don't
understand why size_t is often changed to int in the bindings, I used
size_t.

Probably I will later add an OO interface to the stuff to make the VSI
filehandles objects.

These are especially useful avoiding disk writes. I'm going to use these
for CGI programs such as WFS, where I will write the GML to a memory
file, then take it from there into a Perl variable for possible changes
(namespaces for example) and sending to the client without storing into
the disk.

Cheers,

Ari