[gdal-dev] esri hdr format header

Travis Kirstine traviskirstine at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 10:01:40 EST 2011

Francesco

Information regarding the format can be found under the EHdr -- ESRI
.hdr Labelled section in

http://www.gdal.org/frmt_various.html

We have had issues inhouse dealing with hdr files - you must add the
nbits / pixeltype to the correctly read the files with GDAL.  The only
solution that we have found to deal with GDAL created hdr files is to
parse out values that are causing problems.

It is my recollection that most GIS applications can read hdr files
created by GDAL including most versions of ArcGIS