[gdal-dev] Re: GDAL JP2KAK plugin for lossless 16 bit

pawill79 pawill79 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 03:53:45 EDT 2011

I have also come across this issue. The odd thing is that it works fine when
build on Solaris x86 64bit. I currently compiled GDAL 1.8.1 on Fedora Linux
x86 32bit.

Like previously mentioned, if I use kdu_compress on the TIF file the
artifacts are not present. When running gdal_translate directly from NITF or
TIF to JP2KAK the artifacts are showed as lines throughout image and overall
degraded quality.