[gdal-dev] sandbox access for non-commiters

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Oct 6 14:16:46 EDT 2011

On 06/10/11 19:07, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Antonio Valentino
> <antonio.valentino at tiscali.it> wrote:
>> Anyway I think that the possibility of maintaining an official mirror
>> of GDAL on a Git or Mercurial repository should be considered and
>> contributors should be encouraged to use it.
>>
>> Here it is an unofficial mirror
>>
>> https://github.com/mloskot/gdal
>>
>> and a wiki page about the topic on the GDAL trac
>>
>> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/UsingGitToMaintainGDALWorkflow
>
> Antonio,
>
> If it was to be made "official" it would need an RFC.  I'm
> not sure what the benefit of making it official is.  I will
> note that I am rabidly anti-git for GDAL but I will as always
> bow to the will of the PSC and duely passed RFCs.

Frank / Antonio,

FYI, I keep the repo at https://github.com/mloskot/gdal up to
date daily. I'm assembling a server at home, so it will become
cronjob-managed soon.

I am not proposing git for GDAL.
However, I believe github could be very useful to host GDAL sandbox
which can be forked by anyone and without hassle of managing privs
in OSGeo SVN.

Member of ACCU, http://accu.org