[gdal-dev] CMake for GDAL

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 15:36:27 EDT 2011

On Oct 6, 2011, at 12:38 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Howard Butler <hobu.inc at gmail.com> wrote:
>> tl;dr summary. Aashish Chaudhary and myself are going to bootstrap incorporating CMake configuration into GDAL. We hope to have things done by the 1.9 release. This is your notice of that fact.
>
> Howard,
>
> It is my perception that there should be an RFC to go with this
> effort.

It is not our intent that the CMake configuration would be the primary or only configuration system within the GDAL project, and we would not put forward a proposal to make it such until it was clear that most people were using it in favor of the alternatives.  We will cook up a wiki page describing our planned implementation and details with how to use CMake to build GDAL once things are in place.

If it still seems as if we need an RFC at that point, I will put one together.

Howard