[gdal-dev] sandbox access for non-commiters

Antonio Valentino antonio.valentino at tiscali.it
Fri Oct 7 11:49:07 EDT 2011

Hi Etienne,

Il giorno Fri, 7 Oct 2011 11:17:34 -0300
Etienne Tourigny <etourigny.dev at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Antonio Valentino
> <antonio.valentino at tiscali.it> wrote:
> > Hi Etienne,
> >
> > Il 06/10/2011 22:01, Etienne Tourigny ha scritto:
> >> Thanks for the information.  It seems that using git-svn is more
> >> suited for working locally, and then commiting back to the svn
> >> repos, or as an easy way to stay in-sync with the main repos (like
> >> you do).
> >>

> > IMHO the trick is using a separate branch for developing new
> > features in order to be able to use git freely.
>

> Is there a way to create a git repo from a subdirectory of the svn?

Yes:

$ git svn clone https://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/frmts/netcdf

> I'm not sure such a thing is possible, because the git stuff is at the
> root of the source tree
>
> I really just need the frmts/netcdf directory, which is the best
> option (and which is possible)?
>
> 1) get a clone of just that directory using git svn ; create a branch;
> push to a new git repos
> 2) get a clone of the full source tree using git svn ; create a branch
> ; push the subdirectory to a new git repos
>
> regards,
> Etienne

I'm not sure to understand what do you want.
If you clone the entire repo and then you create a branch, the new
branch will include the complete source tree (I suppose).

regards

--
Antonio Valentino