[gdal-dev] ArcSDE -> GeoTiff: Bit size calculation failed...

Wouter Schaubroeck wouter.schaubroeck at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 10:47:25 EDT 2011

Hey list,

I'm trying to convert a raster image in ArcSDE to a GeoTiff, but this
isn't working as expected. I'm getting the following error:

Bit size calculation failed...
SDE's length:16834 With bitmap length: 18529 Without bitmap length: 16834

The error is thrown in the following file:
sderasterband.cpp, at line 444

I've searched for this on google, but except for the source code,
nothing showed up. I've noticed that the first and last number are the
same, but according the source this isn't possible...

ArcSDE's stats are up to date, and I can see the image with ArcMap and
with GeoServer (with the SDE-jars).

What am I doing wrong here?

thx, Wouter
--