[gdal-dev] gdal custom build

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 20 12:48:52 EDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 5:29 AM, Mohammed Rashad
<mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
> How to build gdal with only OGR support?
> I need to disable raster things from gdal
> Is it possible?
> I tried ./configure --help but no sucess

Mohammed,

I do not believe there is a convenient way to do this from configure.
However, you can edit out most actual drivers by modifying the
GDAL_FORMATS macro in gdal/GDALmake.opt to drop formats.
After this you could need to do a clean build (make clean; make).

There are likely a few formats tied into other parts of the system that
you won't be able to remove.  VRT and GTIFF and perhaps others.