[gdal-dev] Another PGeo driver issue, on 64-bit Debian Linux

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Oct 26 12:11:24 EDT 2011

Selon Hermann Peifer <peifer at gmx.eu>:

> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to get the PGeo driver working, following the hints
> at [0].
>
> I have gotten to a partial success in so far that the driver connects to
> the mdb and finds the layers and the features [1]. However, the geometry
> is not understood, which seems to be related to the "importFromWKT()
> failed" error message, which is repeated for each layer [2].
>
> Querying individual layers gives an additional "GetFeatureCount()
> failed" error, see under [3].
>
> I searched on Internet and found a few (older) postings mentioning
> similar errors where the WKT string is always truncated to 12
> characters, but nothing could really help me fixing the issue.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix the issue? (I am using GDAL from trunk, on
> 64-bit Debian Linux, unixodbc 2.2.14p2-4, mdbtools 0.5.99.0.6pre1.)

IMHO, you can't. I've spent some time investigating this issues a few months ago
and my conclusion was that mdbtools was too buggy (and unmaintained), and in
particular not 64bit ready. I tried a few fixes, but finally I gave up. I've
developped the MDB driver that relies on the Jackess Java library to workaround
mdbtools problems and it works quite well (although not particularly fast due to
the invokation of Java code from native code).