[gdal-dev] Re: 254 into 255

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 08:48:46 EDT 2011

J,

The example I provided is for some other raster with three bands and
resolution 500x500. Please go through the GDAL Virtual Format Tutorial[1] to
get acquainted with what you are doing.

You can dispose off the rasterXSize, rasterYSize, ScaleOffset, ScaleRatio,
SrcRect and DstRect elements.
If all your raster images are similar, you only have to change the value of
the SourceFilename element for each file. So, you can create vrt files with
these differences and then run gdal_translate on them to create Tiff files.

There is a command line program, gdalbuildvrt [2], that can build a single
VRT of multiple rasters. However it doesn't support complex sources like the
example I gave.

[1]: http://www.gdal.org/gdal_vrttut.html
[2]: http://www.gdal.org/gdalbuildvrt.html

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 3:55 PM, joolek <joolek.o at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for that, really really thank you.
>
> I'll definitelly give a go.
> If u don't mind me asking two questions:
> - what do you mean by appropriate parts?
> - I have around 3000 files... can I batch it somehow? If so... would you be
> able to give me a hint how to do it?

> --

Chaitanya kumar CH.

+91-9494447584