[gdal-dev] gdal/ogr version (was NotImplementedError: Wrong number...)

Ole Nielsen ole.moller.nielsen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 21:23:29 EDT 2011

Many thanks for the reply, but I need the Python bindings as we are using
ogr deeply embedded in an application and creating of new layers using the
SetField command (amongst others) is critical. Hence my worry when we get
the error

NotImplementedError: Wrong number of arguments for overloaded function
'Feature_SetField'.

I am sure it is something simple that changed in more recent versions - such
as an extra required argument perhaps - and I'd be grateful if someone who
knows the codebase could tell me what this error means and what I must do to
make the call succeed.

Many thanks
Ole Nielsen