[gdal-dev] gdal/ogr version (was NotImplementedError: Wrong number...)

Ole Nielsen ole.moller.nielsen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 22:08:37 EDT 2011

good idea, thanks. However, it appears that qgis 1.7 is the one that depends
on gdal 1.6. I am confused.

(riab_env)nielso at shakti:~/dev$ sudo dpkg --purge libgdal1-1.6.0
dpkg: dependency problems prevent removal of libgdal1-1.6.0:
 libqgis1.7.0 depends on libgdal1-1.6.0.
 qgis-providers depends on libgdal1-1.6.0.
 qgis depends on libgdal1-1.6.0.
 python-qgis depends on libgdal1-1.6.0.

In any case, we should be able to work with either, so I am hoping someone
will shed some light on what the error message really means.

Many thanks
Ole