[gdal-dev] best way to make a branch for a subset of gdal?

Etienne Tourigny etiennesky.dev at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 22:58:39 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I would like to setup a git repository of a subset of gdal (the netcdf
driver) and I would like to know the best solution.

1) the full git-svn sync as explained in
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/UsingGitToMaintainGDALWorkflow

It works, but overkill for my needs.

2) just setup a small repository with a copy of the files in current svn

3) a git-svn sync of just the necessary files

It looks like the pull from svn worked using the following

git svn init --trunk https://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/trunk/gdal/frmts/netcdf
git svn --authors-file=../gdal/gdal-git-authors.txt fetch
git svn --authors-file=../gdal/gdal-git-authors.txt rebase

thanks!
Etienne - using a new email adress