[gdal-dev] Codepage trouble with ogr2ogr from csv into Spatialite

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Wed Sep 7 12:34:14 EDT 2011

I tried to convert data from text file into Spatialite through VRT file.
Everything goes otherwise OK but the non-ASCII characters in the original text
do not convert correctly. I am on Windows and the text file is using Windows
Latin 1 encoding. I haven't found a place to give codepage in any of the VTR,
CSV, or SQLite drivers. Is there any other way to get the characters right than
convert CSV first into shapefiles  and use Spatialite tools for importing them
finally into Spatialite?