[gdal-dev] GDAL together with PostgreSQL 9.0

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Sep 7 13:52:17 EDT 2011

Le mercredi 07 septembre 2011 13:14:55, Malm Paul a écrit :
> Hi,
> I would lige to update PostgreSQL from 8.3.7  to 9.0.
> Is GDAL, including ogr2ogr, compatible with that version (postgres driver)?
> I'm Using  Linux redhat 5. Kind regards,
> Paul

A fix has been done during GDAL 1.8.0 developement to fully support PostgreSQL
9.0 (*). Previous versions could probably work in most cases that did not
involved retrieving binary data (such as ST_AsBinary() requests), which was
the only source of incompatibility due to a change of the default format in
PostgreSQL 9.0. But upgrading to 1.8.x might be safer if not already done.

(*) The relevant changeset is
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/changeset/20687/trunk/gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/pg