[gdal-dev] Re: OGR FileGDB driver: Failed at creating table ... (General function failure.)

Hermann Peifer peifer at gmx.eu
Mon Sep 19 13:55:42 EDT 2011

On 19/09/2011 18:41, Paul Ramsey wrote:

> Wow, we just can't win can we? So the only way forward is to get
> morphToEsri to produce the extract literal string representation
> expected by the API? What fun.

It is really a pity: over some 500 lines of code, OGR's morphToESRI()
function tries its best to generate an "ESRI-friendly" WKT
representation of EPSG:3035 and comes pretty close.. but eventually, the
API aborts layer creation because the generated WKT string starts with
"ETRS89_LAEA_Europe", whereas "ETRS_1989_LAEA" is expected.

OTOH: I can imagine that amending the code so that an exact string match
will be achieved for most SRSs would really be a nightmare.

Hermann